These green appetizers are perfect for a springtime brunch. (Photo: Jaymi Heimbuch)
About This Dish
A perfect way to invite spring onto the menu is with a bright, light and, of course, green appetizer. These deviled eggs are simple yet offer a delicious twist to the average deviled egg. Topped with a delicate asparagus spear and a sprinkling of parsley, they are a delight for the eyes and the mouth!
12 deviled eggs
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup steamed asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup very finely diced marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Cut the eggs in half and place the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the asparagus, sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, mustard and lemon juice. Using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Add in the very finely diced artichoke hearts and stir to combine. Add in the sea salt to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with very small tips of asparagus, a sprinkling of parsley and, if desired, a bit of fresh lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy!
Avocado and Cucumber Salad with Cilantro-Ginger Dressing Creamy Fennel, Spinach and Asparagus Soup Shaved Raw Asparagus with Lemon Dressing Rustic Tricolor Salad of Butter Leaf, Roasted Red Peppers and Artichoke Hearts Avocado and Grilled Onion Toast with a Fried Egg Baked Avocado FriesOriginal Article