(HealthDay News) — Hypochondria is a preoccupation with physical health. People with the condition obsess on physical symptoms and take them as signs of serious illness, despite lack of medical evidence.
Latest Mental Health News
- Suicides Increase Among Kids, But More in Girls
- Love Smell of a Cup o' Joe? Here's What It Reveals
- Heroin ODs Have Started Declining in Some States
- Athletes Ashamed to Seek Help for Mental Illness
- Millennials Believe Narcissist Label
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
People with the condition do not purposely create these symptoms, says MedlinePlus. For those living with hypochondria, talk therapy can be helpful.
Recognizing what make symptoms flare, and developing coping mechanisms, are key to treatment.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
17 Everyday Ways to Ease Depression See Slideshow Original Article