AP Photo/David J. Phillip
- Tiger Woods won the Masters on Sunday, his fifth win at Augusta National and first major win since 2008.
- On the Tuesday before the Masters, James Adducci of Wisconsin placed an $85,000 bet on Woods to win at 14-1 odds.
- Adducci was in Las Vegas on Monday to cash his winning ticket. He took home $1.19 million.
- Adducci told reporters that it was the first bet he ever placed on sports.
- Read all of Business Insider's Masters coverage here.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
When Tiger Woods won the Masters on Sunday he made a lot of people happy, with friends, family, and fans all joining together to celebrate Woods' ascension back to the top of his sport.
But it's likely that nobody was happier with Woods' win than James Adducci from Wisconsin, who placed an $85,000 bet on Woods to win the Masters.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Tiger Woods is already the favorite to win the PGA Championship and the 2020 Masters, and history suggests it's a smart decision by the oddsmakers
- Nike released a moving new ad to celebrate Tiger Woods victory at the Masters
- The door opened for Tiger Woods' win at the Masters on its most notorious hole when 4 contenders hit their balls into the water in a span of minutes