(HealthDay News) — Screen devices such as smartphones and TVs are making children more sedentary, the American Heart Association says. This lack of movement is linked to obesity in young people.
Latest Healthy Kids News
- Health Tip: Too Much Screen Time
- FDA on Retailers That Sell Tobacco to Kids
- Study Find No Link Between Measles Vaccine, Autism
- Health Tip: Choking Hazards for Children
- Health Tip: Stretches for Young Athletes
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
Experts recommend that parents limit children aged 2 to 5 to one hour of screen time per day.
Older children are also cautioned against too much screen time, although no specific time limit has been noted.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Brain Foods: Healthy Food for Kids' Brains
Childhood Illnesses Picture Slideshow
Take the ADHD Quiz