(HealthDay News) — About 8,000 of the 45,000 snake bites in the United States each year are caused by venomous snakes.
But most traditional first-aid methods do more harm than good, the World Health Organization says.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
- Health Tip: Snake Bite First-Aid
- Health Tip: Thumb Sprains
- Health Tip: Energy Drink Safety
- Which Misused Prescription Meds Send People to ER?
- Health Tip: Prevent ACL Tears
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
- Reassure the victim, if he or she is anxious.
- Immobilize the person's body and bitten area.
- Avoid interference with the bite wound (incisions, rubbing, etc.).
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.