(HealthDay News) — Certain ethnic groups, the elderly and people who have family members with glaucoma are at a higher risk than others for the eye disease, says the Glaucoma Research Foundation.
Latest Eyesight News
- Health Tip: Contact Lens Safety
- Potentially Blinding Shingles of the Eye
- Brain Sharpens the Hearing of the Blind
- Spring Break Is No Vacation From Contact Lens Care
- Extra Calcium Safe for the Aging Eye
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
To help prevent glaucoma, the foundation recommends:
Vision loss from glaucoma can be silent, slow and progressive. However, a timely diagnosis and prompt treatment can prevent irreversible damage.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR NEXT NEWS ARTICLEOriginal Article