(HealthDay News) — Over half of U.S. households have pets, but unfortunately millions of Americans are allergic to animals. The best way to manage symptoms of pet allergies is to avoid pets, says the American Academy of Asthma and Immunology.
Latest Allergies News
- Exposing Baby to Foods Early Prevent Allergies
- Are Inactive Ingredients in Drugs Really Harmless?
- Treatment Allow Allergic Kids to Eat Eggs Safely
- Tick Bites More Likely to Cause Red Meat Allergy
- Why Do Kids With Eczema Develop Food Allergies?
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
Other ways to minimize symptoms include:
- Don't hug or kiss pets.
- Keep pets out of your bedroom.
- Use HEPA filter air cleaners.
- Remove carpeting and rugs.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.