(HealthDay News) — While energy drinks are promoted as products that increase energy and enhance performance, they also can put users at risk.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
- Health Tip: Energy Drink Safety
- Which Misused Prescription Meds Send People to ER?
- Health Tip: Prevent ACL Tears
- The Deadliest Plastic for Seabirds? Balloons
- U.S. Pedestrian Deaths Hit 30-Year High in 2018
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
From 2007 to 2011, energy-drink related emergency room visits doubled. Overconsumption of energy drinks can cause a host of issues, the U.S> National Institutes of Health says.
The NIH warns that excessive consumption can result in:
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Take the Drinks Quiz
Tea Quiz: Various Teas and Their Benefits
Take the Superfoods Quiz