(HealthDay News) — Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as "the invisible killer" because it's a colorless, odorless and poisonous gas.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
- Spread of Democracy Is Good for World's Health
- Health Tip: Snake Bite First-Aid
- Health Tip: Thumb Sprains
- Health Tip: Energy Drink Safety
- Which Misused Prescription Meds Send People to ER?
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
More than 150 people in the United States die each year from accidental CO poisoning, says the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The commission encourages consumers to:
- Have annual heating system inspections.
- Never use portable generators indoors.
- Never use an oven for heating.
- Install battery-operated CO alarms.
- Know the symptoms of CO poisoning.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.