(HealthDay News) — Cold, dry winter weather can wreak havoc on your hands, triggering rashes, dry patches and irritation.
Latest Skin News
- Health Tip: Avoid Winter Skin Rashes
- Polar Vortex Brings Frostbite Danger
- Health Tip: Prevent Skin Problems at the Gym
- When to Treat Varicose Veins
- Dermatologists Cut Back on Antibiotics
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests how to prevent a rash on your hands:
- Wear task-appropriate gloves to protect your hands from harsh chemicals, such as dyes and detergents.
- Wear insulated gloves or mittens in cold weather.
- Wash your hands without irritating them by using warm water and a mild cleanser, such as a beauty bar or moisturizing liquid.
- Apply moisturizer to your hands often and generously.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Adult Skin Problems Slideshow
Quiz: Is Ringworm Contagious?
Gallery of Skin Problems Pictures