AP Photo/Jae C. Hong, File
- Federal authorities say 20 people have been arrested in connection with a birth tourism business called "You Win USA," which charged pregnant women $50,000 a pop for help giving birth in California.
- They allege the owner coached pregnant Chinese women how to get into the United States to deliver babies and take advantage of benefits of American citizenship.
- Over a period of just two years, the business hauled in millions, authorities say.
- According to Associated Press, birth tourism businesses have long operated in California and other states and largely cater to couples from China, Russia, Nigeria.
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Dongyuan Li's business was called "You Win USA," and authorities say she coached pregnant Chinese women on how to get into the United States to deliver babies who would automatically enjoy all the benefits of American citizenship.
Over two years, the now-41-year-old raked in millions through her business, where mothers-to-be paid between $40,000 and $80,000 each to come to California, stay in an upscale apartment and give birth, authorities said.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to implement its transgender military ban, and it's putting transgender military personnel in limbo
- The Trump Organization says it'll use E-Verify to check workers' immigration status, after multiple workers came forward to say they worked at Trump golf clubs illegally
- We taste-tested pizzas from Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Domino's — and the best choice is clear